When should you seek a Counsellor/Psychotherapist?
At various stages in your life, there are certain times when we may need help addressing problems and issues that cause us emotional distress or make us feel overwhelmed. When experiencing these types of difficulties, you may benefit from the assistance of an experienced, trained professional.
I offer a caring, expert assistance that can help you identify your problems and assist you in finding the best ways to cope with them. This may involve changing behaviours that contribute to the problem or by finding constructive ways to deal with a situation that is beyond your personal control.
I offer help in addressing many situations that cause emotional distress, including, but not limited to:
- Relationship difficulties (e.g. within families, with partners)
- Anxiety, Depression, Stress and other mental and emotional problems and disorders
- Couples Counselling
- Bereavement - the death of a loved one
- Social and emotional difficulties related to disability and illness
- Addiction problems – e.g. alcohol and substance abuse, gambling and other addictions
- Sexual abuse and domestic violence
- Career and job stress